Wednesday 1 September 2010

Happy as a clam

As the end of festival season draws to a close, i decided to rejoin my friends at reading festival...

this years reading coined a few new phrases:

- as happy as a clam

- I cant sing to dizzie rascal as im not black.

- BBQ

- Liiiiiiiiitttttttttlllllllllleeee lllllliiiiiiiiiiioooooonnnnnn mmmmmaaaaaaannnnnn

- Toliet bowl!

- I like this song it makes me hard

- tony touches kids


A sad moment of this years festival was when I had my sleeping bag swiped from my very eyes.......In order to get a new one i had to morph into a teeny tiny oliver twist and go around the festival picking up emtpy beer cups ( 10p a cup), it was something to tell the grandkids if anything.... I went to such lows that i was fishing the cups out of bins.....it paid off mind as i collected 20 quid worth of cups which made me able to buy the grand total of:

- one sleeping bag

- 3 cups of tea from the salvation army tent

- 1 beer


so in the end it was all worth it, even if my friend was subjected to comments such as "2 girls 20 cups".

And as i listen to edif piaf the words; Non, Je Ne Regrette Rein suddenly pop into my mind. Twas a good festival, I learnt some valueble bissniess lessons.......that cup is mine and ill fight anyone for it.....and made some new friends..... that ill never see again mind. Also I nearly cried during Mumford and Sons set as it was totally amazing....

amsterdam soon!


The happy Campers

No comments:

Post a Comment